Sunday, January 11, 2015

(Lilianka) New Year Cards

Hello it's Lilianka again!

Since it's still January, so it is never too late for a new year card. Actually I just received 3 beautiful new year cards yesterday, and really want to write about these cards!

Here in Indonesia, it is pretty uncommon to send greeting cards; it might be normal decade before, but nowadays is mostly no one send greeting cards (and mails, and postcards) anymore. Well, a few of loyal snailmail lovers are still doing it though, including me; I sent around 20 new year cards to my friends (which of course I don't ask anything in return, I just want my friends to feel the happiness of receiving a nice and special card). I expected that I'll receive one new year card this year (because there was only one who asked for my address and said that she is sending me a card), so receiving 3 cards instead is a shock; a-happy-kinda-shock.

New year cards which I received! Two is from Japan and one is from Belgium

Here I am going to tell you the story behind these 3 beauties ;)

For your info, I am a Hello Kitty fans, that's why this card is definitely a pure delight for me. It was sent by my beautiful modern calligraphy teacher, Miss Chia who went to Japan for christmas and new year holiday. I tried to do swap for this particular card but since actually I am not a card swapper, I have not so many postcard collection to be swapped (and no one who has this card wanted to do swap with me). Luckily, I saw Miss Chia's instagram account and found out that she had this card and going to send them; I commented on her photo (without hoping that she might send me this card) and fortunately she decided to send me one of this card. Thank you once again Miss Chia! I love this Hello Kitty new year card sooooo much!



The second one is also comes from Japan but I didn't expect that she actually sending me a new year card. It was sent by my new penpal, Hatsue. I sent her a letter like two month ago and it reached her safely. I am waiting for her letter (patiently of course, patient is the spirit of snailmailing activities :p) and I wasn't prepared to receive such a nice new year card. She said to me to wait for her actual reply (which is a letter), and I am already sooo happy by only receiving this card. Thank you Hatsue! I will wait for your letter :)




The last one came from my friend, Sastri who is going to Gent, Belgium to continuing her master degree. I also didn't expect that she is sending me a card; I remember she asked me my address before she went to Belgium but still it was such a nice surprise! This is actually just a regular postcard, but her message makes this card a new year card. She wrote in full dutch language but somehow I managed to understand what she meant (by intuition hehe). Thank you Sastri for the card! I will definitely write you back shorly!

***************

So that was my story about 3 new year cards which I just received recently. I hope you guys have a wonderful new year too! (As I said, it is still January, never too late for a new year greetings!).

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the new years card Lilianka! Super cute! I love it!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    instagram.com/gracenjio

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeay! you are very welcome! @grace

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik