Thursday, January 8, 2015

(Lilianka) Indonesia-Japan Golder Year of Friendship Stamps Set

"Pretty mails aren't complete without beautiful stamps."
(Lilianka, 2014)

Since last year, I put more effort into sending a letter. I am not longer satisfied with the standard stamps which is sold at the small post office; I have to get the pretty stamps for my penpals (that's what I think). So now, for twice a month, I have to make a visit to the central post office in my city (which is located pretty far from where I live) to buy the limited edition stamps (which aren't really sold anywhere except at the philately corner of Bandung central post office). Well then to be honest, we don't really have any kawaii design stamps here in Indonesia (unlike in Japan), but sometimes I can found interesting stamp designs a totally have to buy and use it!

Two days ago, I went to a brand new philately corner at the big post office nearby my workplace. And the stamps showcase tease me with the pretty collection of stamps I've never seen before! There are several sets which is really tempted me, but finally my choice had to be this beautiful set of Indonesia-Japan Golden Year of Friendship stamps.

This set contains 50 beautiful stamps (click for more detailed image)
And it comes with an album!
This collection is actually an old collection (issued in 2008), but at that time I didn't do any snailmailing (and I didn't even care about the variety of stamps before 2013 haha). I couldn't find this collection at the central post office because it was issued 7 years ago, and the central post office only displays the last 4 years issued stamps. This collection consists several well known objects from both Indonesia and Japan such as: 
  1. Natural tourist attraction (Indonesia: Kelimutu Lake, Japan: Fuji Mountain)
  2. Famous temple/pagoda (Indonesia: Borobudur, Japan: Pagoda of Toji)
  3. National flower (Indonesia: Rafflesia arnoldii, Japan: Cherry blossom aka Sakura)
  4. Traditional instrument (Indonesia: Angklung, Japan: Gaku Biwa)
  5. Typical Fish (Indonesia: Red Arowana, Japan: Koi)
So the question is, do I collect this or I use it to send mails? The answer is, I definitely use it to send mails. I don't collect stamps, and still couldn't find any reason to do it. For me, stamps are the tools to deliver happiness to others, so why should we keep them for ourself? I don't even collect used stamps, I mean I like where the sender put the stamps on (on the envelope or postcard), and can't even bring myself to take the stamps off from the envelope! So it doesn't even matter to use pretty stamps for your penpals (in my opinion tho).

I bought this set of stamps without made deep thought about it. And when I suddenly realized that this set is totally a symbol of friendship Indonesia and Japan which is related with this blog overall theme; friendship between two girls from Indonesia and Japan. I will definitely use this stamps to send letters for Lilico (I mean this is perfect stamps for her!!). I hope just like our country, we could have a long last and mutual friendship :D (cheesy mode activated, hehe).

So that's all I can share for today, I hope y'all have a very good day/night (depends where you live)!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik